- Protect Armed Forces Compensation Scheme payments with a trust
- Personal injury trusts and how I can help
- Personal injury trust
- I do not claim benefits so do I need a personal injury trust?
- I may need a personal injury trust
- How to set up a personal injury trust
- Pros and cons of setting up a personal injury trust
- A message for solicitors on personal injury trusts
- Compensation protection trust
- 52 weeks to create a personal injury trust?
- I have received personal injury compensation and I claim means-tested benefits
- Why aren’t there more personal injury trusts?
- Who must I tell about my personal injury trust?
- What personal injury payments can be protected by a personal injury trust?
- Teenager ran into road hit by car travelling within speed limit
- Qualified one way costs shifting
- Personal injury trusts and working tax credits
- Time limits for compensation claim for industrial disease
- Best bank or building society account for personal injury trust
- Should the NHS be paying care and treatment costs?
Category Archives: Explanation of compensation
Uninsured loss Uninsured losses are those items of expense which are not covered by your own insurance policy. They usually crop up after a road accident. If you have third party cover you only have cover for the damage you … Continue reading
Liability is admitted – can I relax? The defendant has admitted liability, or the insurance company for the Defendant has admitted liability. Admitting liability is quite common in personal injury compensation case. The Claimant and their representatives relax as the … Continue reading
The truth about referral fees There are so many headlines and so few facts about referral fees in personal injury compensation cases. Payment of fees and commissions for the introduction of business have always been a fact of business life … Continue reading
50/50 50:50 50-50 fifty fifty 50/50 is a term used where it is thought the blame for an accident is equally shared between those involved. The term is often used by insurance companies who want to reduce the payment they … Continue reading
Gratuitous care If you have cared for the victim of accident or injury and the victim is entitled to recover compensation then a claim may be made for gratuitous care. Gratuitous care means care and attention above and beyond what … Continue reading
Compensation recovery scheme State recovery of benefits paid after accident or injury – recoupment of benefits The State can recover benefits paid after accident or injury if the person injured brings a successful claim for compensation. Recovery is only possible … Continue reading
Interim payment in a personal injury case An interim payment is a payment on account of the compensation you are likely to receive in your claim for compensation. After an accident your earnings may be reduced or even stopped. You … Continue reading
What does legal expenses insurance mean to you? Consumer Focus set out to see what legal expenses insurance means to you. Legal expenses insurance, sometimes called before the event insurance, is sold very effectively, but not explained well in my … Continue reading
Motor insurance premiums are rising sharply On Tuesday 9 November 2010, the House of Commons transport committee is to ask the insurance companies why insurance premiums are rising. The media reported premiums have risen 51% in the past 12 months. … Continue reading
How the Legal Ombudsman will approach resolving complaints From 6 October 2010 the Legal Ombudsman will play a significant role in resolving complaints about legal service, and solicitors must tell their clients about the right to complain. The Legal Ombudsman … Continue reading
Complain about solicitor You might think this an odd topic for a solicitor’s website. I take the view we should be as open as possible about problems, and the Law Society seems to agree. I will set out why complaints … Continue reading
When choosing a personal injury solicitor you should make a personal choice. Your personal injury solicitor will have to understand how an accident has affected your life, your family life, and your work. Your finances will have to be discussed, and more than likely your medical records. All quite personal stuff, so a personal choice has to be made, not an internet comparison. Continue reading