- Protect Armed Forces Compensation Scheme payments with a trust
- Personal injury trusts and how I can help
- Personal injury trust
- I do not claim benefits so do I need a personal injury trust?
- I may need a personal injury trust
- How to set up a personal injury trust
- Pros and cons of setting up a personal injury trust
- A message for solicitors on personal injury trusts
- Compensation protection trust
- 52 weeks to create a personal injury trust?
- I have received personal injury compensation and I claim means-tested benefits
- Why aren’t there more personal injury trusts?
- Who must I tell about my personal injury trust?
- What personal injury payments can be protected by a personal injury trust?
- Teenager ran into road hit by car travelling within speed limit
- Qualified one way costs shifting
- Personal injury trusts and working tax credits
- Time limits for compensation claim for industrial disease
- Best bank or building society account for personal injury trust
- Should the NHS be paying care and treatment costs?
Category Archives: Asbestos
What if you worked for a company many years ago and were exposed to asbestos? You contract an asbestos related industrial disease and seek compensation. You then find the company you worked for no longer exists, and the insurance policy … Continue reading
I recently met an old friend, David Carter, who remains a great friend and representative to all those who worked in the Devonport Royal Dockyard at Plymouth. He has long been an adviser to those who have suffered the consequences … Continue reading
How much asbestos exposure to prove mesothelioma compensation case? Mesothelioma is a cancer caused by asbestos. Unlike most asbestos related conditions such as pleural plaque, diffuse pleural plaque, and asbestosis, the cancer called mesothelioma can be caused without a good … Continue reading
Who should pay for asbestos injury? Many headlines and reports were written about an asbestos decision made in The Court of Appeal on 8 October 2010. The case was called the employers’ liability “trigger litigation.” The issue was whether an … Continue reading
Tracing employers’ liability insurers The need to trace the employers’ liability insurer of a company arises when a personal injury claim is to be made based on employment many years ago. Cases involving asbestos exposure and industrial deafness are the … Continue reading
Pleural plaques The inhalation of asbestos can cause disease in the lung tissues themselves and in the thin surface membranes that cover the lungs – the pleurae. Pleural plaques are discrete localised areas of fibrosis that typically affect the lining … Continue reading
DAMAGES — Personal injuries — Hospice care — Deceased contracting lung cancer from exposure to asbestos in course of employment with defendant — Deceased’s estate seeking damages against employer and including claims on behalf of children, grandchildren and great grandchildren — Claim including costs of care incurred by hospice in providing gratuitous palliative treatment to deceased — Whether recoverable Continue reading